Nexus 7′s response is quite good. The google tablet is running successfully in the market and awaiting the launch in India. For those, who are not yet aware of the Google Nexus 7 Specs refer to the our previous post . The 7 inch android tablet was introduced by Google with latest Jelly Beans in an affordable price range competing with Amazon Kindle and other low end tablets.
If you still haven’t rooted your Nexus 7, you’re at the right place where The Droid Tablets is going to show you how to root Google Nexus 7 .
Pre Requisite for Unlocking and Rooting Nexus 7 :
- Before rooting Nexus 7 , backup all your data including call logs, contacts, Gmail, Messages using Astro File Manager . It’s important to keep a backup, so if anything goes wrong the device can get reverted to the basic state.
- Also, make sure that the tablet is minimum 60% charged .
- Enable USB Debugging on Nexus 7 by hovering on to Setting > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and tick the USB Debugging option .
- Download and install Android SDK on your computer.
- Also Download Rooting Package from here .
- Download Clock Word Recovery (CWM) from here .
The Droid Tablets is not responsible for any kind of loss that occurs to your device while rooting or updating custom ROMS. The tutorials on The Droid Tablets are written with due care but there are chances of your device getting bricked on rooting which is quite an unlikely event, if you follow the process listed below in the correct way.
Tutorial to Install Clock Work Mod on Google Nexus 7
- Connect Google Nexus 7 to your computer and enter the bootloader mode.
- Move the Clock Work Recovery(CWM ) .zip file in the fastboot folder present in the Android SDK .
- Open the command prompt and hover onto fastboot folder.
- Type in the following command : ”fastboot oem unlock“.
- Once, the process is finished and unlocking is completed type in : ”fastboot reboot“.
- Now, navigate to the bootloader mode and put in the following command : ”fastboot flash recovery path-to-img/CWM-grouper-recovery.img“.
- Boot into Recovery and go to “Mounts and Storage” > “Mount/System ” .
- Type in the following command :
mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
- That’s it , your Nexus 7 tablet is successfully flashed with CWM .
How to Root Nexus 7 Tablet
- Move the downloaded rooting package to the root of the SD Card of Nexus 7 .
- Shut down the device and boot into recovery mode by simultaneusly pressing the Volume Up+Volume Down +Power buttons.
- Follow the steps : “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > JB-SuperSU.zip“.
- Once, the flashing is successfully done, click on “Reboot System Now”.
- That’s it..! Voila..! You have successfully rooted your Nexus 7 Tablet .
We hope you like our How to Root Google Nexus 7 Tablet tutorial. Do checkout the other posts too. If you’re facing some kind of problem while following the tutorial, you’re welcome to buzz us.